Home Forums Pro tips Share your tips! Notes in the Editor

• Author
    Ben
    Ben
    22 pts

UXPin’s comment feature is well-known. But did you know you can leave comments right in the Editor?

Look for “notes” in the Add Basic Element menu at the top of the Editor. Click in your prototype’s canvas at the location you’d like to leave a comment, then type your thoughts in the “Custom” menu on the Editor’s right panel.

These pins appear as visible icons in your prototype, so your team knows exactly where to hover for more information — say, your plans for the next round, or the reasoning behind your design decisions.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #5636 Score: 0
    Ben
    Ben
    22 pts

Another thought: If you group all of your pins together, then you can hide them with a click when presenting to clients. That’s useful if you want to keep thoughts internal to your team — say, tech notes to developers.

• #5646 Score: 0

JP
      Participant

One of the issues I have with notes is there is no way to put a line return or carriage return in the notes field. Any attempts at this (i.e. enter, shift+enter, ctrl+enter) causes the notes (aka comments) field to lose focus. My attempts to document details for the developers, like font-size, color, width and height) end up looking like a run-on sentence. To see an example, InVision has a comments field that permits returns (and it is more inline than UXPin’s so less effort on my part). Can UXPin enhance their notes or comments feature for us all? BTW, which is it? Notes or comments? Both are present in the UI.

• #5647 Score: 0

JP
      Participant

Also, is there a way to make the Notes always appear to the developers? Not just the “pin” but the contents within. They have to hover over a Note to see the contents. When they are trying to shift back and forth between their integrated development environment and UXpin the Notes will disappear. It is very frustrating for them.

• #5653 Score: 0
    Ben
    Ben
    22 pts

I that case I suggest saving iterations: one for client/team feedback and one with notes for the devs. Each iteration can have its own live comments.

You might also use actual text elements (in a group so you can turn them on and off with one click) for persistent text.

Anyone else have thoughts on ways to do this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • #5657 Score: 0
      Loomie
      Loomie
      4 pts

Every design team will have a different process and I think this is a great idea. Especially when you want to keep the communication private.

To me, notes in UXPin is similar to Post-it Notes. So in this case, I would use text elements for developers, comments for clients, and notes for myself.

• #6422 Score: 0

ledigitale
    Participant

Is there a way to change the colour of the notes button? Currently they are black and I’m working on dark theme so they are very hard to see.

• #6423 Score: 0
    Ben
    Ben
    22 pts

To my knowledge, they’re always black. But we can bring that up with our developers for the next round of revisions.

• #6425 Score: 0

ledigitale
      Participant

Ben, I think this definitely should be addressed. It would be great if the user could change the colour of the notes, like a normal button.

• #6427 Score: 0

Aleksandra Olszta
    6 pts

I can see your point here! It might be really useful for our users and we’ll surely bear this idea in mind for the future improvements 🙂

• #14065 Score: 0

shuddh_aatma
    Participant

Is there anyway to remove a comment. I just made a comment on the preview link shared by my friend. I didnot find a way to remove that comment.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to login or register