It’s been a long journey since we launched the first paper version of UXPin notepads back in 2010. UXPin was a small, bootstrapped Polish company that took a global turn. Today we’re an international company with offices in Mountain View, California and Gdynia, Poland.
Moving our operations from Poland to the United States was part of the transition. It was a bold move for us, but the right one. Thanks to our great American team, loyal friends, and trusted advisors, we managed to build a top-quality product that helps teams to design better products all around the globe.
Overview of the key updates
- We clarified a definition of UXPin as a service provider by determining which entities are entitled to offer the service and tell you how to determine, which entity is your service provider.
- We added a definition of “beta test” in order to invite some of our customers to beta programs that we may initiate from time to time.
- We extended terms related to payment, payment processing, recurring billing, renewals and cancellation in order to clearly inform you of our recurring billing policies and ensure our compliance with the California Automatic Renewal Law and other state and federal unfair competition and false advertising statutes.
- We extended terms related to taxes in order to clearly inform you of our tax policies and ensure our compliance with the California Automatic Renewal Law and as other state and federal unfair competition and false advertising statutes.
- We clarified what submitted information might be collected while registering a UXPin account and what kind of information is not gathered by UXPin.
- We extended terms related to promotional offers sent from time to time by UXPin in order to clearly inform you of our policies and the way you can unsubscribe from further promotional communication.
- We added terms related to third-party web analytics in order to inform you how submitted information can be used by third-party analytics providers.
- We added terms clearly informing you about your rights to decide how your personal information is used by UXPin.
- We added terms clarifying how UXPin may transfer and process Personal Data to the U.S. or other countries in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles, as stipulated in our EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Policy.
The updated terms are effective November 28, 2016, and in order to continue using UXPin, you must accept them. If you have any questions or concerns, we are always happy to answer them — just drop us a line at email@example.com. If you don’t want to be bound by these terms, follow the procedure to discontinue the service.