Elegant Web UI Design Techniques: Flat Design & Colors
Do you know how to be more creative by saying less?
UX and UI designers who have mastered flat design do. In this flat design book, you will unlock the secrets of what makes this design technique so effective.
The use of vibrant, bold colors is part of what gave flat design its impact. Smart use of color, combined with evolving flat design ideas, is the difference between ho-hum design and wow design that attracts and keeps users attention.
Flat design has evolved since 2013 and is now “flat-ish.” Yet the focus of flat design remains usability.
Unlock the secrets of flat design and using color today, download your free copy now.
Immediate Access to the Best Flat Design Examples and Tips for How to Use Them in Your Own Work
This book of flat design is a perfect entry into flat design concepts for the beginning UX designer. For the expert, it’s a great resource and source of inspiration with examples to inspire your work.
You’ll discover creative ideas and explanations of flat design today and how it’s evolving. Ideas inside your copy of Elegant Web UI Design Techniques: Flat Design & Colors include:
- Why bright colors over images works as a flat design technique.
- Use color to create vibrant menus.
- Using high-contrast color
- Continued inspiration from the fashion world
Here’s what’s in Elegant Web UI Design Techniques: Flat Design & Colors:
- Chapter 1 – A Retrospective and Futurespective Look at Colors on the Web. Designers are pairing bright colors in a way that was almost taboo a few years ago, even straying from brand-dictated color schemes. As high-def displays became common, designers no longer had to worry about only using the 216 web safe colors. Now, color is everywhere.
- Chapter 2 – Complementary Color Design Techniques. How to use color blocking and color, pairing color and texture, and more; plus free resources and tools to get your started.
- Chapter 3 – Exploring the Evolution of the Flat Design Revolution. Why has flat design exploded? It gives the user exactly what they want and need: the content.
- Chapter 4 – Deconstructing Modern Flat Design. Flat design is changing and becoming “almost flat.”
- Bonus – 10 Free Flat Design Resources and Tools.
More Resources to Learn About Flat Design Book and Color
Uxpin has additional, free resources for you to learn more about this topic. Here’s a short list to get you started:
- The 7-Minute Guide to Flat Design 2.0. [Blog] The five elements of flat design are more than a passing trend, but the new iteration of flat might not be completely flat.
- Free Pocket Guide: Flat Design Trends 2016 (Updated for 2020). [ebook] The basics of flat design, how it’s evolving, and examples from Spotify, Adidas, and more.
- How to Prevent Flat Designs from Falling Flat. [Blog] As flat design has evolved, it has begun to include eye-catching elements like hints of shadows and coloration.
- The Evolution of Flat Design. [ebook] A history of flat design plus help applying flat best practices to your design.