Flat Design is one of the most popular design trends of the last fews years.
Its simplicity improves loading times and interface learnability, plus its vibrancy energizes and excites users. And like all trends, flat design continues to evolve.
Our new free e-book, Flat Design Trends 2016, explains flat design in its current, and future, state. What changed and why? Designer Carrie Cousins explains everything you need to know in 35 pages, drawing on examples from companies like Spotify, Adidas, and Corona.
This pocket guide covers such topics as:
- The five key components of flat design, and how to apply them individually for the benefits of flat design in more complex styles
- Using typography pairs to get better results than just one
- How, when, and why to apply circles and rounded edges
- What it means that the mainstream is going flat
- The best use of color and video with flat design
- How flat design 2.0 compares to its ancestors
- 10 free online resources for more hands-on help with your flat design.