Think of Expressions as being similar to the functions in Google Sheets and Excel. They can also make a prototype “context aware”. Basically, a prototype can change based on its operating system, or size of the browser window.
Expressions allow you to get even closer to real apps, especially when user testing. You can change things dynamically in an earlier stage of your prototype. Say goodbye to linking static artboards forever.
The number of things you can create with Expressions is infinite. But here are some specific examples:
- Perform some math on a diagram’s data
- Create a shopping cart for an e-commerce website
- Build an ROI calculator for your business
- Create a rap name generator (as our Account Manager, Natalie, suggested)
- Make a scheduling tool to book clients
- Show error or success messages
- Validate email addresses
There’s a lot to functions to play with, so read our tutorial here to get a full grasp of the power of Expressions. Express yourself endlessly.
Not part of the UXPin family yet?