The newest guide in our free downloadable library is now available.
Demystifying Delightful Interaction Design explores the facets of delightful design from a perspective most useful to UX/UI professionals. Here’s a little of what to expect inside.
Usability, functionality, and a worthwhile service — while necessary — aren’t enough on their own to create that “magic” with the user. Truly successful designs are delightful, meaning the user actually enjoys using them instead of simply tolerating them for the sake of the reward.
However, what constitutes the abstract feeling of delight is not so black-and-white as the more tangible aspects of design. That’s why we’ve written this free guide: to explain what delightful design can do, and teach you the best practices for doing it.
In this 70+ page guide, you’ll get:
- Tactics for designing websites and apps that are functional, usable, and pleasurable
- Tips for making users fall in love with your design
- What separates truly delightful design from designs that try too hard to be clever
- Mistakes to avoid when designing for delight
- Examples deconstructed from 24 top companies like MailChimp, Virgin America, Bitly, and Medium