We’re proud to announce the latest expansion to our free downloadable library: Cards & Minimalism, a part of the Curated Collection of Web Design Techniques.
Analyzing examples from real-world sites like Google, Microsoft, Trello, and Squarespace, this book explains the best practices, history, and pros/cons of two of the most popular design techniques around today.
Hotter than ever now thanks to mobile devices, cards and minimalism are both those rare techniques that are as useful as they are aesthetic.
As an organization method, cards streamline responsive design and suit the usability of mobile devices. Minimalism is achieving new heights thanks to its quick loading times, influence over users’ visual flows, and how it complements the flat design movement. When you consider how these techniques simply make a site look on top of it all, you can see why they’ve become so popular.
What’s Inside the free e-book
This free book helps you determine whether or not the techniques of cards and minimalism will work for you, and if so, how to best implement them. Across 60+ pages, you’ll find:
- the experts’ strategies for using both techniques
- the advantages and disadvantages of each, so you can make an informed decision
- screenshots and explanations from the sites that use these techniques best
- detailed explanations of the fundamentals, including symmetry, white space, and layout tips
- 20 outside resources and tools for more hands-on mastery