A project 6 months in the making finally released yesterday.
The Guide to UX Leadership by Dave Malouf offers straightforward advice for the 4 pillars of design leadership: understanding contexts, evangelizing design, developing teams, and crafting UX strategy.
Each chapter cites examples and offers lessons learned from 15 years of UX leadership at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Rackspace, Motorola, and Intralinks.
Compact yet packed with insights, the 72-page guide is tailored for senior designers and current design leaders. The guide explains:
- How to influence the culture and politics of product development.
- How to define and drive design outcomes.
- How to hire, mentor, and develop your team.
- How to build and scale buy-in for UX.
- How to create and execute a viable UX strategy.